Healios is a leading digital healthcare company, bringing the whole family together to maximise long-term outcomes and wellbeing. At Healios our mission is to bring exceptional healthcare to anyone, anytime, anywhere. We reimagine the way children, young people, and adults access and receive mental health services by blending the best of technology with specialised clinical expertise and a personal human connection. At Healios, we transform mental health and neurodevelopmental services by providing quicker access to assessment, faster access to evidence-based psychological therapies, and earlier intervention to create a unique online experience – healthcare that fits around the lifestyle and circumstance of the family to get the right care when and where they need it.
We are an organisation that allows our staff to make a real difference not only in reshaping how mental health issues and emotional wellbeing services are delivered across the UK, but also in the lives of those individuals and families who need our support. Our teams are friendly, focused and passionate about making a positive difference to our patients and their families.
We encourage our teams to constantly push for better outcomes and we embrace change to assist in the development of the company. Everyone’s input and opinion matters to us and we work in an environment where this is encouraged.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer to join the Product team at Healios, reporting into the Chief Product Officer. You’ll be working alongside other Product Designers, Product Managers, & New Product Leads and cross-functionally with our (200+) team of Clinical specialists, Commercial and Marketing.
You are someone who draws motivation, purpose and inspiration from the mission of a company in helping to solve the problems you work on. You are interested in behavioural change for good and want to make the world a better place. You must be comfortable, and indeed, seek, to help solve a highly complex set of customer problems in the provision of mental health and neurodevelopment services for young people.
The below is to give you a sense of what we’re generally looking for. If you are excited about Product and our mission, do consider applying even if you feel that not all of the requirements apply to you - if we can help you grow into some of these areas, all the better.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Lead and advocate an exemplary understanding of the customer (clinicians, young people, their families, and our commercial partners),to form, via discovery work, insights about users’ behaviours, motivations and frustrations to ensure we are focusing on pertinent customer problems
- Manage the full design process from concept development & mockups to user testing & research and design output via detailed interfaces
- Work closely with other Product designers and the rest of the Product team in defining, designing and iterating on product features across web and mobile platforms
- Work with Product & Technology leaders to define and drive a sensible execution plan in order to ensure our users get the most from Healios
- Mentor and help develop the team of product designers
- Work collaboratively with teams from across the company; such as Engineering, Clinical, Commercial and Marketing to ensure high quality implementation
- Help the team operate in an ever-changing environment by setting the context, being the voice for our users and clearing the path for them to have an impact
- Invest in design standards, shared resources, processes and best practice alongside the team to further our Design practice.
- Driving the visual design of the product towards a cohesive, consistent, seamless user experience
WHAT YOU BRING TO HEALIOS
- 6+ years’ experience working in Product Design/UX Experience, ideally in start-ups
- Experience managing user research and building deep customer insights
- A high standard of problem-solving capabilities for a complex set of customer problems
- Hands-on experience building prototypes using such tools as Figma or Sketch
- Experience working in a highly collaborative and Agile environment
- Experienced stakeholder management skills to influence at all levels and across all teams
- Experience or interest in Mental Health & Neurodevelopment Services and in particular designing for inclusivity & accessibility and/or with a focus on designing for young people
- Empathetic, people-friendly and a great listener
- An innate curiosity and understanding of people, their motivations and thought processes
- Experience introducing or contributing to the evolution of the design system
WHAT WE WILL PROVIDE FOR YOU
- A collaborative culture where curiosity, creativity, experimentation and innovation are fostered
- A highly motivated and energetic team bringing a wide range of talents, experience and knowledge to solve complex challenges
- Autonomy to shape and design world leading clinical pathways that harness the power of combining technology with evidence-based interventions and a human touch
- Opportunities to grow and further develop your professional interests
- A culture that challenges the status quo in pursuit of providing exceptional healthcare and an unrivalled experience for the clients and families we support
WHAT WE OFFER
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays and closure days)
- Birthday Holiday – one extra day per year
- Extra Leave – buy up to two weeks of additional leave
- Flexible working
- Enhanced Maternity package – which includes an additional benefit of a 3 month phased return to work paid to full salary
- Enhanced Sick Pay
- Professional Development Support
- Contributory Pension Scheme
PRE- EMPLOYMENT CHECKS
As part of our pre-employment checks, all employees of Healios will be asked to have a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Dependent on your role within the business, this will either be an Enhanced or Basic. A Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) check will be required. You will also be asked to provide two professional references as a minimum.